My potager garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö, Resarö is situated in the inner part of the archipelago outside of Stockholm. Tyra´s Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination.
Tyra's Garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö situated in the inner part of the archipelago near the small town Vaxholm, outside Stockholm. Tyra's Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, my potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination. The climate in these parts is quite demanding as the northerly winds can be strong and cold. THIS BLOG 'Tyra's Garden' is not entirely a gardenblog it contains much more. About me: Enthusiastic amateur gardener and photographer from Vaxholm, Sweden. Designed and built my Greenhouse and Potager in Tyra's Garden 2003. Love the outdoor life, gardening and sailing especially. View my profile

Saturday

Flowers in India - It's Blooooming Friday!

© This post was originally uploaded and written by Tyra at the blog Tyra's Garden http://waxholm.blogspot.com

...

Blooming Friday - blommig fredag

Updated version

Flowers I briefly met in India and unfortunately we were not properly introduced...

.
Flower nr 1. In the gardens by Mahatma Gandhis grave at Raj Ghat in New Delhi


It is Blooming Friday AGAIN, gosh times really flies away especially now during Advent because there is so much to do. This time I need HELP, ID help for my flowers that ‘I met’ in India. I got acquainted with these good-looking fellows in India but unfortunately we were not properly introduced. I don’t know their names. I have asked my dear Indian friend Sunita , Chandramouli, Kanak and Green thumb to help me and if anyone else would like to show off their great botanical knowledge please do help me.

Tiden springer verkligen iväg, nu är det fredag igen, man hinner ju knappt med! Nu är det ’blommig fredag’ och den här gången har jag lite problem…en massa skönheter från min Indienresa men inga namn och det är ju trist. Är det någon som kan hjälpa mej med ID på dessa söta blommor så vore jag hemst tacksam. Mer om blommig fredag här hos Katarina




Flower nr 2 A tree with pale pink coloured flowers


Flower nr 3 a bush, down in Kerala


Flowers nr 4 bright yellow fellow??

Flower nr 5 Orange

Flower nr 6 WOW isn't beautiful.

This is the last one it's from Kerala and it's nr 7


I think this is really hard, who know the names of these flowers? Anyone? Any flower?


I think this is worth an award if anyone can identify these!

UPDATE!

ID questions solved with a little help from my friend. And the award goes to…


Thank you dear friends.

Well I say, I say so many clever pleople out there I’m amazed, but the AWARD must go to:
...
for her great botanical knowledge.

Please pick up the Golden Star Award here Sunita and thank you!


Flower no. 1 Convolvulus arborescens Morning Glory Tree
Flower no. 2 is a Plumeria (Frangipani)
Flower no. 3 is a Bauhinia (also known as Butterfly Flower)
Flower no. 4 is an Allamanda (Golden Trumpet).
Flower no. 5 is an Ixora. They grow wild all over India, and, yes, in Sunita’s garden too.
Flower no. 6 is a Hibiscus schizopetalus (Fjäderhibiskus)
Flower no. 7 White Plumeria. (Frangipani)



“ According to our Indian myths, the scent of the frangipni was supposed to follow a 'Yakshi' (an extremely beautiful woman who lures men into following her... but alas, she's a blood-sucking vampire!” Sunita

TYRA

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

26 comments:

Linda Lunda said...

Den du kallar'Pale pink'är en frangipani.

Näst sista är en Fjäderhibiskus.

Den sista är också en frangipani.

Katarina said...

Oj, vilken blomprakt! Nr 6 är jag helt säker på: Hibiscus schizopetalus. Fantastiskt vacker!
Indien skulle jag gärna vilja besöka - vilket spännande land!
Tack för ditt bidrag till Blommig Fredag - hoppas du får en riktigt härlig helg!
Katarina

Unknown said...

Hi Tyra,
All the flowers are really beautiful! I can't identify the first and third ones but the rest are--pink plumeria, golden trumpet, Ixora, hibiscus and white plumeria. I'm so happy to see popular flowers grown in India on your blog!

Sunita Mohan said...

Tyra, the first photo looks like a Convolvulus. Was it a creeper?
Flower no. 2 is a Plumeria (Frangipani)
Flower no.3 is a Bauhinia (also known as Butterfly Flower)
Flower no. 4 is an Allamanda (Golden Trumpet). There's a purple one too but I think the yellow is much prettier.
Flower no. 5 is an Ixora. They grow wild all over India, and, yes, in my garden too.
Flower no. 6 is a hibiscus
and Flowerno. 7 is a white Plumeria. According to our Indian myths, the scent of the frangipni was supposed to follow a 'Yakshi' (an extremely beautiful woman who lures men into following her... but alas, she's a blood-sucking vampire!)
Great choice of topic, Tyra. I can see you really remember your Indian holiday. Memories of a hot land to keep you warm in a Swedish winter.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Thank you dear friend you are so great!
Now I can update the post and Sunita you are fantastic! Good work girl.

Tyra

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Sunita the first one is a bush about 2 meters tall.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

I looked through The flower of India site could nr one be

Common name: Morning Glory Tree, Tree Morning Glory
Synonyms: Convolvulus arborescens

Because I remember that it had no leaves... what do you think dear friend?

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It is fun to see these lovely blooms on a cold gray day here in SW Indiana. They look so exotic to me since I have never seen them before.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers - it must have been wonderful to see them in a natural setting.

Gunilla said...

Vilka fina blommor jag skulle ochså vilja åka till Indien. Kanske det blir mitt nästa resemål.
Jag har aldrig tänkt på att fotografera alla fantastiska blommor som växer utomlands men det får jag göra nästa resa. Jag är ny i bloggsammanhang så man lär ju sig av andra bloggare.
Ha en fortsatt bra dag och en trevlig Lucia
Gunilla

Anonymous said...

Wow! Underbara bilder och underbara blommor! :-) De lyser verkligen upp i mörkret!

sweetbay said...

Such beautiful flowers.

I have heard of people growing plumaria as a tropical here in NC -- I have not seen #3 and #6 before but I'd love to get my hands on them, lol. #6 is such an exotic and intricate hibiscus.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hi Lisa it is gray and dull now isn't it! Thank God for colourful photos.

Hello 'Watford' I bet you got the same dull weather as we have. Natural setting is of course best but...cyberspace blooms are pretty good as well.

Gunilla hejsan och välkommen till min trädgård! Jag önskar dej trevlig Lucia i morgon.

Hej André, Mer färgglada blommor till folket!

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Welcome to Tyra's Garden Sweet bay and thank you for your very nice comment-

tina said...

Gee it looks like everyone identified your flower. Good thing I didn't take a stab at it because I was going to guess flower nr 5 was a pentas. Look how wrong I would have been! Ha! They are all beautiful and I bet smell even better.

Jan said...

Such beautiful (and different!) flowers, Tyra! Thank you for giving us a 'little taste' of India. I'm glad others were able to tell you the names of them. It must have been exciting to take a trip there! Have a great day! Jan/ThanksFor2Day

Anonymous said...

Hi Tyra, these are so beautiful and otherworldly. I did know the plumeria, people grew that in Texas although it had to be covered in winter. I appreciate your call for help and knew your friends would chime in with the names! Such a wonderful community are the garden bloggers, always ready to help! Bless them!
Frances

Anonymous said...

Hej Tyra! Vilka fantastiska blommor! Vilken blomsterprakt det finns i världen...

Ha du också en trevlig helg och en trevlig Lucia! //Anna

lareine said...

these are lovely flowers and it must be wonderful to see and smell them (especially the frangipanis)... and that hibiscus has an interesting petal shape...

seeing them made me forget that it's winter time... thanks for sharing:)

Chandramouli S said...

Damn! Sunita and Kanak beat me to it. There you go! I'm late. Your pics are awesome! Especially the Plumeria - I love those, especially their heady fragrance.

Chandramouli S said...

Flower 6 is locally called Jumukki Chembarathi (Earring Hibiscus)

joey said...

Stunning photos, Tyra! Glad I popped in late to find other fans offering answers to your questions (since I didn't have a clue ;)

Anonymous said...

They are all beautiful and nicely photographed. We never have those tropicals so I couldn't identify a one.

Sunita Mohan said...

Tyra, an award for me? Wow! I dont know what I did, but thank you! An award from a friend is always to be treasured.
Sorry to disillusion you, but there wasnt much call for botanical knowledge, you know. These are fairly common plants in our Indian gardens . But if you insist, I wont tell anyone if you wont ;)

Anonymous said...

Great job Sunita helping Tyra with the identification of these exotic beauties!

Anonymous said...

Mycket fint du visar.