My potager garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö, Resarö is situated in the inner part of the archipelago outside of Stockholm. Tyra´s Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination.
Tyra's Garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö situated in the inner part of the archipelago near the small town Vaxholm, outside Stockholm. Tyra's Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, my potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination. The climate in these parts is quite demanding as the northerly winds can be strong and cold. THIS BLOG 'Tyra's Garden' is not entirely a gardenblog it contains much more. About me: Enthusiastic amateur gardener and photographer from Vaxholm, Sweden. Designed and built my Greenhouse and Potager in Tyra's Garden 2003. Love the outdoor life, gardening and sailing especially. View my profile

Tuesday

Kitschy PEONY?


This post "Kitschy Peony" was originally uploaded by Tyra Hallsénius Lindhe in the blog Tyra's Garden / Tyras Trädgård



Can a flower be Kitschy?


Today, the peonies starts to flower in my garden. It has been raining heavily the last few days and the poor branches on the peonies really need all the support they can get. I think this peony is a masterpiece, I know they can be almost too good on the edge to being vulgar, but still this is really what I need on a rainy day as this one. 


Kitschy?



If you like growing you own food, then do visit KÖKSTRÄDGÅRDEN - The Kitchen Garden. It is in my native tongue but you can always push the translate button./ Tyra 


Odla din mat


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

2 comments:

Ruben said...

Buskpioner som har riktigt stora fladdriga blommor kan vara på gränsen till vulgära, men inte de "vanliga" pionerna och särskilt inte din nyutsprungna. ;-)

Ha det gott!
/Ruben

Sanna Tallgren said...

I totally agree about the peonies. They are the Royalties of my garden and I have been worried about the rain. Last year they were two weeks early and heavy midsummer rain was very bad for the flowers. Happy peony time Tyra! For me it´s just beginning!