My potager garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö, Resarö is situated in the inner part of the archipelago outside of Stockholm. Tyra´s Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination.
Tyra's Garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö situated in the inner part of the archipelago near the small town Vaxholm, outside Stockholm. Tyra's Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, my potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination. The climate in these parts is quite demanding as the northerly winds can be strong and cold. THIS BLOG 'Tyra's Garden' is not entirely a gardenblog it contains much more. About me: Enthusiastic amateur gardener and photographer from Vaxholm, Sweden. Designed and built my Greenhouse and Potager in Tyra's Garden 2003. Love the outdoor life, gardening and sailing especially. View my profile

Tuesday

January in the Garden

This post 'January in the Garden' was originally uploaded by Tyra Hallsénius Lindhe in the blog



January in the Garden...well it is certainly not much green out there.

I’m not a huge fan of the month January; as a matter of fact I would like to press the delete button and make it go away. It is the coldest month of the year here on my latitude. I aim for and always wish to work my garden all year around but I must admit I never manage to do that, but I’m stubborn and I’ll never give up. Some time I'll get my four season garden. (Perhaps I have to move)

This is the month for planning and dreaming and this year is no different. I’ve started to plan the structure of my garden and rotation plan for 2013 and I’ve also order some of the seeds that I need.  Now I just have to wait for Valentine’s Day; that is the day when I start off with my sowing indoors on the veranda - Operation Occupation


You have to do the best of it...here we have some pictures to brighten up even the darkest of winter-days






Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

No comments: