My potager garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö, Resarö is situated in the inner part of the archipelago outside of Stockholm. Tyra´s Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination.
Tyra's Garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö situated in the inner part of the archipelago near the small town Vaxholm, outside Stockholm. Tyra's Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, my potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination. The climate in these parts is quite demanding as the northerly winds can be strong and cold. THIS BLOG 'Tyra's Garden' is not entirely a gardenblog it contains much more. About me: Enthusiastic amateur gardener and photographer from Vaxholm, Sweden. Designed and built my Greenhouse and Potager in Tyra's Garden 2003. Love the outdoor life, gardening and sailing especially. View my profile

Tuesday

I have an itch to paint!

Flowers upon the wall?
That could be an idea!
Lily at Baby Taj

You know I love painting as well as gardening. I showed you one’s my “Topiary upon the wall” painting I have done in one of our rooms and after the trip to India I’m so inspired to do some more painting!... perhaps a “flowers upon the wall” room. This is one of the places in India that truly put some ideas into my head. Look at this.

Itmad-Ud-Daulah - It has the nickname BABY TAJ – much more easy to say.
Shoes are not allowed so you have to wear special slippers

Itmad-Ud-Daulah's Tomb is a Mughal mausoleum in the city of Agra in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Often described as a 'jewel box'. the tomb of Itmad-Ud-Daulah is often regarded as a sketch of the Taj Mahal. I love this place it is so beautiful and the morning I was there we were alone there, so peaceful.
Along with the main building, the structure consists of numerous smaller buildings and beautiful gardens. The whole place has a most fascinating water system I can’t describe it now but it takes care of all the rainwater in a “canal system”. The tomb was built between 1622 and 1628. Commissioned by Nur Jahan for her father Mirza Ghiyas Beg who had been given the title Itmad-Ud-Daulah meaning “pillar of state”.

On this picture you can see some of the water canal that I mentioned above, though dry now.


Itmad-Ud-Daulah’s walls are made in white marble from Rajasthan, and the walls are covered with semi-precious stone decorations - Onyx, Cornelian, Jasper, Lapis Lazuli and Topaz in wonderful patterns and images of flowers, trees and other decors like fruit or vases containing flower arrangements. Light to the interior passes through delicate Jali screens of exquisitely carved in white marble. Like laces in marble it is so beautiful. I don’t know how they manage to do it. I think the jali is typical for Arabic architecture as well, I've seen similar jalis in Alhambra, Spain.

Almost 400 years old, semi-precious stone decorations.

What do you think, shall I have a go? Lilies and Papaver upon the wall, I dont know what the "tree" is but it's pretty.

TYRA

2 comments:

julia said...

Absolutely, and please post pictures of the pantings! I may be inspired to get out my water colours and join you

Emilie H-Lindhe said...

Be my guest, have a go wherever you like! Truly beautiful colors! We have to make an effort and 'plant' something in that second pot on my bedroom wall... I like the lilies :)