My potager garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö, Resarö is situated in the inner part of the archipelago outside of Stockholm. Tyra´s Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination.
Tyra's Garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö situated in the inner part of the archipelago near the small town Vaxholm, outside Stockholm. Tyra's Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, my potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination. The climate in these parts is quite demanding as the northerly winds can be strong and cold. THIS BLOG 'Tyra's Garden' is not entirely a gardenblog it contains much more. About me: Enthusiastic amateur gardener and photographer from Vaxholm, Sweden. Designed and built my Greenhouse and Potager in Tyra's Garden 2003. Love the outdoor life, gardening and sailing especially. View my profile

Tuesday

Tyras Garden, May

Tyras Garden in May, the Syringa vulgaris starts to bloom. This is a lovely time in the garden. Everything looks quite neat and tidy. I love the sun and I really enjoy sunshine, especially from the shade. This is a perfect spot to sit and philosophize, to admire and observe. This is a very old garden seat that I have to repair each year but I love it still.

My brother on visit, with "freetime working clothes" on. He is repairing his boat at the moment. He came over with a grapewine, Muscat grapes, that he bought in France. He bought two and gave one to me and kept one for himself. Mine thrieves and his "is in pain". So now he needs help! Dr. Tyra has taken in the Muscat patient for observation.....I wonder if it will survive.
The Muscat plants "brother and sister plants".


Have a lovely day, TYRA

7 comments:

Hannele på Hisingen said...

Visst är det helt underbar tid just nu.

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Your brother's grape doesn't look too healthy, yours looks fine. Perhaps a bit of TLC will do the trick. Does your brother garden too?

BTW I like your old garden seat!

Kati said...

Is that artichoke in your garden? I envy your grape too. The seat looks like the perfect spot to come up with grand philosophies for life!

julia said...

What beautiful pictures!
I love your greenhouse!

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hannele nu skall vi njuta....
Yolanda, no my brother renovates old motorcycles as a hobby and boats. I´ve got a link to Richards Garage on the blog.
Kati yes I´ve got Artichokes and they survived the winter!
Mouse welcome to Tyra´s Garden, I´m so glad that you liked the greenhouse. Bien venue

Green thumb said...

It can't get any better. Crystal clear skies, abundant sunshine, beautiful cottage and a trusted old garden seat. Dear Tyra, I wish I could switch places with you for a day and do all that-sit, philosophize, admire and observe.

Anonymous said...

Jag blir lika facinerad av ditt växthus varje gång jag ser det, helt underbart!!!
Har ni köpt det eller har ni gjort det själva?