My potager garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö, Resarö is situated in the inner part of the archipelago outside of Stockholm. Tyra´s Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination.
Tyra's Garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö situated in the inner part of the archipelago near the small town Vaxholm, outside Stockholm. Tyra's Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, my potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination. The climate in these parts is quite demanding as the northerly winds can be strong and cold. THIS BLOG 'Tyra's Garden' is not entirely a gardenblog it contains much more. About me: Enthusiastic amateur gardener and photographer from Vaxholm, Sweden. Designed and built my Greenhouse and Potager in Tyra's Garden 2003. Love the outdoor life, gardening and sailing especially. View my profile

Tuesday

Veronica - Something I've made...

This post, 'Veronica' was originally uploaded and written by Tyra at the blog Tyra's Garden http://waxholm.blogspot.com/


Saint Veronica



Veronica





Here are some Veronica growing in my garden I think it is Veronica chamaedrys L. but it could be Veronica persica I'm not sure please help me if you know. Ah... now I see that the leaves on the picture no 2 belongs to Saponaria officinalis L.

~~~

Här är lite söta Veronicor som växer i min trädgård jag vet inte om det är Veronica chamaedrys Teveronika eller Veronica persica, Trädgårdsveronika är det någon som vet. Ah... den nedre bilden är inte så representativ för där växer den ibland såpnejlikorna Saponaria officinalis så de är deras blad som syns.

ABC Wednesday V as in ...


something I've made all by myself ...

OK I did have some help from my friend :-)

Veronica, not Saint Veronica though she is a very good human being, not Veronica Mars, although she is born in Mars (Swedish for March), and not Veronica Persica (Common field Speedwell) but she is sometimes called 'Min Persika' (Peaches)




Veronica on the rock! Somewhere out in the Archipelago of Stockholm.




Have a great Wednesday/ TYRA

more ABC Wednesday HERE




Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

25 comments:

Rune Eide said...

Du må hilse til Veronica - hun ser virkelig ut som et koselig menneske - vel passende som en god V!

Michelle said...

Lovely flower! I wonder how it got its name?

Hannele på Hisingen said...

Fint berg Veroniva hittat. Jag är väldigt förtjust i den vilda Verinican, mormors glasögon, har i min trädgår. Ha det bra.

Anna said...

What an absolutely glorious blue !

AnnA said...

Hej Tyra!
Annat namn för dessa små veronicor är "Mormors glasögon". Iallafall fick jag höra det som barn...
Ha det bra så länge&Trevlig midsommar!
Hälsn
AnnA

AnnA said...

PS!
Såg senare att Hannele också kallar dessa veronicor för "Mormors glasögon"...
DS.

Gail said...

It is a lovely blue! Have a good week...gail

dianasfaria.com said...

Veronica is one of my most favorite names. & I love the picture of Veronica on the Rock!
great V post.

Ruben said...

När jag var ute och 'vagnade' barnbarnet igår gick jag förbi en affär som sålde en dörrmatta med texten "NO, NOT YOU AGAIN". Den skulle passa bra till Veronikorna i min gräsamatta! Men visst är de otroligt söta - på rätt ställe! Ha det gott! /Ruben

jay said...

What a nice post!

Interesting to read how 'Berenice' became 'Veronica'. I can see how that must have happened, though I would never have guessed at the name's origins. And your friend Veronica looks fun!

Marie Reed said...

Veronica on the rock! Perfect!

Unknown said...

Loved the Veronica connection! Fun post!

Rose said...

Veronica on the rock certainly looks like she's enjoying herself! Lovely blue veronica, and one of my favorite flower names.

Q said...

Lovely lady and flower...
I so enjoy ABC Wednesday...
Thank you!
Sherry

nonizamboni said...

What a perfect choice for today's V and I so enjoyed your last photo! Very inspiring visit for me.
Thanks for sharing your talent.

Neva said...

I have not heard of St. Veronica but then most people haven't heard of St. Viator either!

Tumblewords: said...

Very talented, you are! Beautiful photos...

Kathryn/plantwhateverbringsyoujoy.com said...

Hi, Tyra! That music vid really had me laughing! Were those the Grandfathers taking their children kiting? Lovely and thank you for sharing. We don't often find those old songs in our lives. :)

Kathleen said...

Hi Tyra. What a pretty Veronica. I'm not acquainted with this one or your Veronica on the rock!! ;-)
It looks like a great place to sit tho. Hope your garden is growing well? Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Vackra blombilder och text från dig som vanligt. Måste besöka dig oftar för att uppdatera mina blomkunskaper.

Anjas Hill said...

Önskar dig en riktigt underbar midsommar Tyra!/Anja

Bradley Hsi said...

I love the Veronica on the Rock photo. Could not reach your post the first time. Thanks for visiting our blog and comments.

joey said...

Am a big fan of veronica (mine is blooming) and St.Veronica ... your Veronica on the rock is also delightful. Hugs!

Weeping Sore said...

I like Saint Veronica on the Rock best of all! Your other pics are, as usual, lovely. You always manage to avoid "cute" flower pictures and instead show me something I've never seen before.

Veronica on the rock said...

"Saint" Veronica is on a rock out at Sprickopp in the Archipelago of Stockholm. A beautiful little group of islands that we try to visit each year.

I'm proud to carry the same name as these small blue wonders and love finding them everywhere.

Thanks for this weekend!