My potager garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö, Resarö is situated in the inner part of the archipelago outside of Stockholm. Tyra´s Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination.
Tyra's Garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö situated in the inner part of the archipelago near the small town Vaxholm, outside Stockholm. Tyra's Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, my potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination. The climate in these parts is quite demanding as the northerly winds can be strong and cold. THIS BLOG 'Tyra's Garden' is not entirely a gardenblog it contains much more. About me: Enthusiastic amateur gardener and photographer from Vaxholm, Sweden. Designed and built my Greenhouse and Potager in Tyra's Garden 2003. Love the outdoor life, gardening and sailing especially. View my profile

Sunday

GBBD - November in Tyra's Garden

This post 'GBBD- November' was originally uploaded by Tyra in the blog Tyra's Garden


GBBD - November


The flowers are getting hard to find these days, after several night with frost where are just some very brave roses that are still in bloom outside, the 'Lucia' and the explorer from Canada 'John Davis'. In the greenhouse I have more flowering blooms and even a gigantic chili plant, however the fruits are still green but I hope they will turn to the colour of red for Christmas that would be appropriate.


Pansy Violaceae in the greenhouse



the last rose...



Just a few treasures still flowering in my garden and greenhouse on this November GBBD. You find more GBBD posts from all over the world if you visit Carol at May Dream Gardens


TYRA



Don't be a stranger - do write something





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

28 comments:

Rose said...

Beautiful photos as always, Tyra! Your greenhouse must be a haven in the wintertime. I've never seen a pansy that color before--gorgeous!

sweetbay said...

You always take such wonderful pictures Tyra. Your greenhouse is beautiful. I especially love your last picture. Which rose is that?

Salix said...

Hi Tyra

Violas and roses - such beautiful flowers - and it's mid November.
Looks like November is unusually mild in Sweden too? Is the "November Rose" in the garden or the greenhouse? I would also like to know the name of that rose.
Lene

Unknown said...

Tyra, that is beautiful. I love your greenhouse!

Lena/isklockan said...

Jag blir alldeles yr av förtjusning när jag ser ditt växthus. Tänk att få gå in i det en endaste gång. Underbart.....Vackert collage som alltid....Kram Lena/isis

Eva Linnea said...

Vilken underbar gul ros du visar! Jag som inte brukar "tända på" gula blommor, men den här hade så härlig färg.
Kram Eva Linnea

Anna said...

A brave and beautiful rose Tyra - glad to hear that your garden us not covered by snow just yet :)

Helen/patientgardener said...

Your greenhouse always looks so inviting

Carol said...

Hi Tyra... what a beautiful post... you capture the feeling of November so well... all lovely blooms and photos as always and such an artful collage. Lovely Lovely... I love the garden fork and spade in wait and the colors are so vibrant and cheery. Carol

Bea said...

Vilken vacker november du bjuder på! Helt underbart och det lyser upp tillvaron, i det annars så otroligt gråa som vi har här uppe.
Mmm...växthuset, där kunde man sitta lääänge och njuta!
Må gott! /Bea

Växthusmadam said...

Som vanligt härliga, härliga bilder här hos dig! Vilka underbara små violer!!! Har aldrig sett liknande färg!
Växthusmadam

Ruben said...

Wow, vilket collage!!!! Helt fantastiskt fint!! Och den gula rosen, så bra fotat, det ser ut som om du överräcker den till mej! ;-) /Ruben

Naturegirl said...

Your photography and mosaics are always so pleasing to the eye Tyra!
The greenhouse feels so cosy and warm with the afternoon sunlight kissing each growing plan.I can see myself sitting inside with a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate..ahh..imagery..for me right now is a tonic for my healing.blessings to you..NG

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

You have a lovely greenhouse! Has it snowed yet? My friend in Finland has gotten snow as has my niece in Colorado... we're still waiting! (Most Michiganders hate snow, but I like it.) :)

Annika Christensen said...

Det var längesedan jag tittade in här men kära du vad fint du har det i växthuset!!
Jag har alltid för mycket saker förstår inte varför?
Ha en fortsatt skön november.
annika

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Tyra, your collages are the best! It's a pleasure to look at the mosaic pieces one by one. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I almost fell from my chair when I saw your writing in Russian!

joey said...

By the looks of this beautiful post, I would say you are November blessed, dear Tyra!

Debbie said...

Tyra,

What a lovely blog you have. Your photos are so beautiful and calming. I feel like I could just scroll through them for hours and ease my stress.

Kathryn/plantwhateverbringsyoujoy.com said...

Hi, Tyra, I'm in love with your pansies. If I lived closer I'd be asking for some seeds! I really don't think I've seen those colors before. Lovely palette! And isn't the Last Rose just one of the most special flowers of each year? I have been naming first one then another roses in my garden as The Last Rose, then one more surprises me, but it can't last long. :) xoxo

Anna said...

Vilka underbara färger i din trädgård och greenhouse. Vilket härligt väder det ser ut att vara på Waxholm. Hög himmel och kallt och klart. Här i Köpenhamn är det disigt och mulet men ganska varmt för årstiden :-) Kram Anna

Les said...

I just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope your peppers will be a lovely red for Christmas, maybe we will see them in December's GBBD.

Kathleen said...

Oh Tyra. What I wouldn't do to sit in your greenhouse on a cold winters day! The collage you made is just wonderful but it's the greenhouse photos that always pull at me. I will keep my fingers crossed that someday I'll have one too although I can't imagine it being as lovely as yours. Also that last rose photo is incredible. I wish I still had something like it blooming in my garden. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Your greenhouse makes me quite envious! I have November roses too, and I find they are extra sweet this month.

Lillebeth said...

Tänk ändå att det finns liv i trädgården! Fina bilder, Tyra. Ha det gott!

Gail said...

Tyra, A lovely post and collage of blooms and garden pretties. I love your November rose! Will you have roses in the greenhouse this winter? gail

Randi said...

Hej Tyra, du bjuder alltid på något spännande. Stannar ett tag och njuter medan regnet och vinden kör sitt race runt huset. Vi har varning 2 här nu. Hoppas du har det lugnare där uppe.
Kram Randi

Lotta 8`) said...

Oj, oj, oj.... så vackra bilder.... suck...... så fint du har det i ditt växthus! Jag skall önska mig av tomten, att när jag vaknar juldagsmorgon, ser ett stort vinkast därute hos mig ;) Nä, jag är så nöjd så :) Ha det gott, 8`)

Unknown said...

Tyra...your flowers are so beautiful! Pansies in amazing colours!! I haven't seen anything like that before. Gorgeous roses!