My potager garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö, Resarö is situated in the inner part of the archipelago outside of Stockholm. Tyra´s Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination.
Tyra's Garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö situated in the inner part of the archipelago near the small town Vaxholm, outside Stockholm. Tyra's Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, my potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination. The climate in these parts is quite demanding as the northerly winds can be strong and cold. THIS BLOG 'Tyra's Garden' is not entirely a gardenblog it contains much more. About me: Enthusiastic amateur gardener and photographer from Vaxholm, Sweden. Designed and built my Greenhouse and Potager in Tyra's Garden 2003. Love the outdoor life, gardening and sailing especially. View my profile

Sunday

Soak the Gardener! - Blub blub in my Tub tub



Soak the Gardener!
This is my bathroom I built a few years ago. It has this marine touch, inspired of old wooden boats I built my bathroom in mahogny, with brass details and old furniture and pebbles from allover the world. There is an article in this weeks 'Drömhem & Trädgård' a Swedish magazine (Dreamhome & Garden)


I senaste numret av Drömhem och trädgård får ni följa med in i 'The Gardeners Bathroom' :-). Där får ni läsa hur jag byggde mitt marina badrum, inspirerad av gamla fina träbåtar som jag älskar så. Med Mahogny, mässing, kristall, grönmarmor och stenar jag samlat från världens alla hörn byggde jag mitt lilla badrum som vi stortrivs i. Nästan allt i badrummet är begagnade saker och möbler jag samlat under året.



Flowers from the garden

Pion i vas



Marine brass details in my Bath room. A kerosene lamp, marine clock...



En skeppsklocka, fotogenlampa, barometer/hygrometer i mässing, står i hörnan vid badkaret.

How to make your own Bath Salt read more in the Greenhouse


Making Scents


TYRA


Titta in i min lilla kajuta... kommer ni ihåg den låten :-)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's nice. I love your bathroom, Tyra!
Elke

garden girl said...

What a beautiful bathroom Tyra. Love the tub tub, and all the wood and brass. It looks so warm and inviting.

tina said...

It definitely feels like a ship to me.

Anonymous said...

Så trevligt Tyra! Då blir det till att köpa även dtta nummer!

mvh, Anja

Anonymous said...

Wow! Gorgeous! One big question: how does the wood survive the moisture? Did you have it treated? Very beautifully appointed,Tyra. You have such flair!

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Oh.. Kathryn I have 13 layers with boat varnish!! on the mahogny. I know I bit crazy.

joey said...

You are so talented, Tyra. When do you sleep? (BIG HUGS)

fru Sandeggen said...

Hei Tyra!
Badet ditt var helt nydelig, måtte ut og kjøpe bladet så jeg fikk sett ordentlig. Du har virkelig klart å gjenskape stemningen fra gamle båter. Jeg hører at det knirker og det gynger også litt :)

Hilsen Hilde

Hannele på Hisingen said...

Får nog köpa den, trevlig tidning.

Annika Christensen said...

Vad kul det är jättefint.
Nu har jag skickat vidare skylten för jag kände som du - vad är perfekt. Jag älskar min trädgård fast att jag inte är färdig i alla hörn.
Ha det gott
annika

Linda @ theLENNOXX said...

Hi Tyra, thank you for stopping by theLENNOXX and for leaving such a sweet comment =) Your bathroom is beautiful, I love the mahogany and brass combo, very "luxury boat chic"!

Anonymous said...

Oh Tyra ~ your bathroom is heavenly. I bet you love relaxing in that tub ~ surrounded by all your Marine memorabilia. Next best thing to sailing??
Now if the tub were in your greenhouse, I'd want to fly over!!!