My potager garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö, Resarö is situated in the inner part of the archipelago outside of Stockholm. Tyra´s Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination.
Tyra's Garden is a small garden on the island of Resarö situated in the inner part of the archipelago near the small town Vaxholm, outside Stockholm. Tyra's Garden is mostly an ornamental vegetable garden, my potager. But flowers are of course an important ingredience, for beauty and pollination. The climate in these parts is quite demanding as the northerly winds can be strong and cold. THIS BLOG 'Tyra's Garden' is not entirely a gardenblog it contains much more. About me: Enthusiastic amateur gardener and photographer from Vaxholm, Sweden. Designed and built my Greenhouse and Potager in Tyra's Garden 2003. Love the outdoor life, gardening and sailing especially. View my profile

Sunday

ROQUAMOLE - ' It Roques! '

This post, "Roquamole" was originally uploaded and written by Tyra at the blog Tyra's Garden http://waxholm.blogspot.com/
...
Roquamole - 'It Roques' :-) !
...
You just have to try this dish influenced by Mexico.
...
Roquamole

125 g Roquefort or St. Agur
60ml sour cream
2 ripe avocados
35g sliced pickled green jalapeño chilli peppers from a jar
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1/4 teaspoon paprika

Corn tortilla chips


I saw Nigella the other day in the television making this gorgeous dip that she called Roquamole.

This is how Nigella made it.



She crumbled or mashed the blue cheese with the sour cream in a bowl.
Mashed in the avocados. If they are ripe, a fork should be all you need.
Roughly chopped the sliced jalapeños and stired them into the mixture along with the finely added "the jade colour discs" of spring onions.
Nigella arranged the roquamole in the centre of a plate or dish, dusted the Roquamole with the paprika and surrounded the bowl with multicoloured tortilla chips.
Ta Daa!

Lovely Blue cheese, I choose a local mature blue cheese with whisky.

28 comments:

haspet said...

Det ser ju bara hur smarrigt ut som helst. Tack för tipset, det måste jag testa. // Peter

Mimi said...

Det måste jag pröva! Det sista jag åt just före jag kom ut till datorn, är en bit roquefortost, som blev över då jag lade in en laxfilé täckt med citron och roquefortost i ugnen....

joey said...

Yum, a big fan of Nigella and you, dear Tyra ... count me in for this delicious treat, a delightful blend of many favorites! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I can almost taste this! All my favorite ingredients. Thanks for sharing.

Gunilla said...

Det där ser verkligen gott ut. Nu blir jag hungrig. Det enda som jag har är avocadon och purjolöken hemma så ikväll blir det inte detta. Men jag skall ha det i åtanke.

Ha en god måltid och en trevlig kväll

Gunilla

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hejsan Peter visst är det ett bra tips inför kvällen!
Ha en trevlig söndagskväll.

Tyra

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hej Mimi det där med laxen lät ju helt föädiskt gott också! Den här ädelosten från Falbygdens ost med whisky i är så fin...prova den nästa gång.

Smarrigt

Tyra

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hi Joey when I wrote 'my food goddess' I was actually thinking of you Joey, I love all your wonderful recipes! I think these pickled Janapenos is so great in this recipe.

xoxo Tyra

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hi Mildred, I'm glad you liked it, do try it, it is dead easy to make.

Have a nice Sunday evening/ Tyra

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hej Gunilla och tack för din trevliga kommentar, ha en fin Söndagkväll du med min vän./ Tyra

Anna said...

It sounds as if you certainly enjoyed it Tyra. I am most partial to blue cheese but must confess that I do not like avacado. I wonder if you could leave it out without spoiling the recipe :)

Anonymous said...

Yum! It sounds and looks like it definitely does "roque" Tyra.
Tonight I am serving fajitas to my brother so this would be a great companion appetizer. I'm writing the ingredients down now. I never watch food tv and look what I am missing. You must have had a great Friday night combining the Roquamole with the gorgeous red tulips and beautiful Mexican pottery.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hi Anna, I actually think you could and perhaps add peeled chopped tomatoes instead.

xoxo Tyra

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hi Kathleen, I love watching food on TV and especially Nigella, I love the way she talks. My husband on the other hand hates it because he always get so hungry...

Good luck with your fajitas and roquamole tonight then.

xoxo Tyra

Hannele på Hisingen said...

Nåt sånt gör sonen..

Eva Linnea said...

Dina inlägg är alltid så härligt speciella. I dag receptet och porslinet. Färghärligheter!
Kram Eva Linnea

Anonymous said...

vilket fint collage och det ser mumsisch ut!

Anonymous said...

That looks so fantastic! I love avocados.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hej Eva Linnea, du vet sådana här dagar måste man sätta lite färg på.
Det har varit eländigt idag ellerhur?

mvh Tyra

Salix said...

Hej Tyra
Må indrømme at jeg ikke kender Nigella.
Thanks for sharing the recipe that I definitely must try.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hi Salix, I thought that her show was going worldwide! She is really good and fun to watch.

Have a great start of this week.

Kram Tyra

Annika Christensen said...

Mmmm så gott det hade jag nästan glömt bort att man kan göra.
Tack för påminnelsen. Älskar avocado.
Kul när du tittar in till mig.
Ha det gott
Annika

Roses and Lilacs said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe. I'm always happy to find things like this I can use for special occasions when friends come by.
Marnie

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious; I'll have to give it a try. Your Mexican plates are so festive and pretty. I bet they really brighten things up especially at this time of year. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Jan
Always Growing

Unknown said...

That looks so delicious! And the way you've presented the ingredients is justlovely. You Rouque!:)
I love Nigella too. Have a lovely week!

Green thumb said...

Nigella is my favourite too. The recipe looks scrumptious, wish we could get Avocados here.

Anonymous said...

Aj, Aj, Tyra!
Själv tillhör jag kategorin som måste tänka på annat än mat ;))! - och i all synnerhet Nigellas käk!


mvh, Anja

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. I've never seen anything like that. I'm going to have to try it out-it looks awesome!