The 2009 flu, the Swine Influenza. A virus subtype H1N1 is here but is it going to be pandemic? Well we don’t know this yet. But here are some tips and ideas what you can do to avoid getting the Swine flu.
They say to wash your hands thoroughly and often are the most important thing to do. You can also boost up your immune system with vitamins, minerals and herbs. Some of them are quite familiar; perhaps you already have them in your garden.
Boost up your immune system with a remedy from the garden.
2. Vitamin C - Fruits and berries and do you remember the Sea-Buckthorn Hippophae L? It has 12 times more vitamin C than oranges!
3. Vitamin D – Gardening is excellent for the vitamin D uptake :-)
4. Vitamin E, omega 3 and 6 and Zinc as well from Flax. Linum usitatissimum Flaxseed or linseeds oil.
5. Herbs good for the immune system; Echinacea augustifoliae radix, Echinacea purpurea and Echinacea pallida. (radix)
6. Probiotics - like the Acidophilus (a beneficial bacteria)
This last one is not from our gardens but you can find it in a lot of products, I buy as Filmjölk and it is really good for the stomach.
And then again, wash your hands! It's easy and absolutely free.
From our Doc. Green thumb.
'That post was so insightful dear Tyra! The only effective method to fight Swine Flu has to be through personal hygiene and immunity enhancement. While the health authorities keep harping about the masks and Tamiflu, they neglect the most important and basic things which you beautifully highlighted.'
Another huge thank you to my Blotanical friend that has nominated my blogs for best European blog! I'm amazed and very happy. Blooming Friday again, the weeks goes so very fast! This is the last Friday of this gorgeous month September. You find more participants here at Katarina.